Phyllis Beveridge Nissila
If you think about it, for as much grief, pain, lawlessness, unconstitutionality, death, destruction, petty tyrant eruptions, and over-all gloom and doom certain dark forces have perpetrated against humanity the past two years by the deployment of COVID 19 and its so-called vaccines, this seeming war against the world has also provided those who are resisting the evil therein, whether early or late to the fray, much good, too, as in, “what Satan has meant for harm, God has used for good” (Genesis 50:20).
And God is not done yet.
On the “surface” level, consider…
- millions are now paying closer attention to the incredible and durably-engineered immune system we have been provided by our Creator and how to take care of it and enhance it;
- health care professionals of all specialties are banding together to create their own clinics and resources;
- part of the success of all of the above is innovation in “telemedicine” options where one can access the services of not only local but also in some cases world-recognized specialists in several areas of medical and scientific expertise;
- of course, as certain evils have been exposed, some powers-that-be have perpetrated retaliations against the resisters and the truth-seekers, but as the old expression goes, what doesn’t kill you makes you even stronger, more courageous, and at the very least far more knowledgeable. And knowledge is power.
- And last but not least, those who came early to awareness and activism have been preparing for what wickedness may yet come while helping others do the same, which has always been the way of those with ears to hear, eyes to see, and hearts to help.
But the real purpose of my post today is to highlight the bigger picture, the eternal one, where God has laid out HIS plans for such a time as this in prophecies of thousands of years ago.
So in my view, the most significant “good” to have come out of this particular onslaught against humanity has been greater attention to prophecy and a renewed interest in spiritual growth and meaning.
For this is an era that makes even avowed atheists understand that the battle we face is not merely some man-made ideology generally known as totalitarianism (already tried and failed innumerable times) but a truly existential war, i.e., good versus evil, and the occupation we are to maintain, as Jesus commanded while yet here, is not physical but spiritual and our tasks are not those that steal, kill, and destroy as is the spirit behind many of man’s and all of Satan’s campaigns, but ministries that, through the power of the Holy Spirit, facilitate salvation, healing, and deliverance.
Our motivation is not in the pursuit of money and power but the motivation to further the Gospel as expressed in John 3:16: “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
Jesus calls us to spread the Good News while there is yet time, in whatever ministry or capacity we will as we suffer a world gone, it seems, irretrievably mad.
Be encouraged, then, to be about the Father’s business which is always and eternally on the right side of history.
For He is not done yet.
Nor are we.