Phyllis Beveridge Nissila
“THE LIBERTY PEOPLE”
Featured article, “Why Do Some People Support Tyranny While Others Defy It?” by Brandon Smith for Alt-Market.us, August 13, 2021, suggests that there are essentially two groups of people who plan and push tyrannical systems: elitist groups and governments and “a larger psychopathic contingent of the population (who) congregate together to make terrible things happen…” (see summary excerpts, below).
He also discusses those who resist the tyrants and wannabe’s whom he calls the “liberty people”.
THE “EMERGENT LIBERTY PEOPLE”
I would add another group of people I would call “emergent liberty people”, i.e., hard-working, busy, productive citizens who have been raised to believe that those in power–especially those they elected and others who are touted as “experts” in their fields–can generally be trusted.
This group is not likely to believe that people can be as evil as those we are witnessing, these days, wielding their power tools with a vengeance in multiple arenas including politics, government, education, finance, medicine, technology, journalism, and more.
This group of liberty-minded, real folks (used to be called “the silent majority”) may have neither time nor inclination to dig into the weeds of evil, especially while the trust factor is still operating. Trust, like hope, is deeply ingrained, and, we SHOULD be able to trust those we rely on–in an ideal world.
We do not live in an ideal world.
We never really did, to be sure.
But I believe we are daily seing more and more people come into the bulging ranks of the “emergent” because I don’t think there are many people left who have not come to realize that our era is particularly non-ideal.
PROFESSIONALS AND PUNKS
The professionalism that has heretofore been associated with leadership is now punkified, it seems, their “public relations” people down-with-the-cause screaming ten-cent slogans (and still managing to pepper them with F-bombs) and allowed by their comrades-in-harm to trash cities and cultural artifacts by demanding victim’s rights to do so and claiming “peaceful protests”–all the while aided, abetted, and prodded to continue by the ones in suits.
Meanwhile, genuine experts are branded as anti-experts and the true professionals are portrayed as the punks.
And many intelligent, reasonable people come to believe this.
This is largely due to the power of a phenomenon called “cognitive dissonance” bolstered by the “big lie”(definitions below).
BEWARE OF COGNITIVE DISSONANCE
The power of the modern destructocrats, as it were, is fueled largely, in my view, by something psychologists call cognitive dissonance, a tactic of psychological warfare.
Because cognitive dissonance deserves more than just a link to its definition:
The theory of cognitive dissonance proposes that people are averse to inconsistencies within their own minds. It offers one explanation for why people sometimes make an effort to adjust their thinking when their own thoughts, words, or behaviors seem to clash with each other.
When one learns new information that challenges a deeply held belief, for example, or acts in a way that seems to undercut a favorable self-image, that person may feel motivated to somehow resolve the negative feeling that results—to restore cognitive consonance. Though a person may not always resolve cognitive dissonance, the response to it may range from ignoring the source of it to changing one’s beliefs or behavior to eliminate the conflict. (source)
There are various causes of CD, of course, but one of them particularly useful to the destructocrats is called the “Big Lie Theory,” which, to paraphrase, suggests that the bigger the lie, AND THE MORE OFTEN IT IS REPEATED, the more people will either believe it (if let proliferate with no critical thinking applied) or succumb to it–either of which are what tyrants bank on.
TWO EXAMPLES OF COGNITIVE DISSONANCE TODAY
- One ideological group tells us their philosophy is aligned with America’s quest for “equality”. They subtly insert “equity” into the discussion. Most people think the terms are synonomous. They are not. They are vastly different with two vasty different approaches to societal and legal mitigation for both classic and newly-minted wrongs. See here for a discussion of the differences. Even after reading an explanation, however, most people would still doubt the word manipulation until they read some of the lesson plans and policies based on the “new equality”.
- “Black Lives Matter” is also an American ideal (“liberty and justice for all” sound familiar?) but by inserting only ONE category of lives, this New Speak also co-opts the original message by dividing one group for ideal treatment. It was subtle, at first, but we can see these days how it has gradually (and violently) initiated the divisive “othering” of, well, people of other skin colors whose lives should also matter. Many caught on to the big difference last summer when inner cities were trashed, looted, and destroyed and Black people of other political persuasions were harrassed, called “Uncle Toms” and worse, assaulted, and murdered if they were thought to even somehow align with the liberty people, in the fog of chaos, confusion, corruption, and communist-think.
Concerning the time it takes for the bad fruit of such psychological, mental, and emotional manipulation to begin the work of forcing people to THINK THROUGH the real differences, once the consequences are outed on the streets, in policies ram-rodded through by power-hungry or simply unaware school boards, and via political machines, this gives tyrants at least a certain amount of time to push and shove as much of their schemes forward as they can.
Of course in the push/shove phase, some liberty-minded people might have to suffer for the cause. As Vladimir Lenin, a Marxist socialist radical from the last century, famously said, “You have to break eggs in order to make an omelet!”
And in the view of many, the egg carton is already open.
BEWARE OF CD ESPECIALLY IF UNDER AGE 40
It is particularly difficult to shake the dissonance for liberty-minded people over about 40 who have lived in a world where at least a reasonable amount of Constitution-based lawfulness, real history, education in the Judeo-Christian underpinnings of America, and logic, still enlighten minds and shape character.
Those with that traditionally American world view will be better able to see the stark difference between what is being pushed top down, bottom up, and inside out, these days, and what has stood, so far, for over 240 years.
But, of course, as was also famously said,
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. (Ronald Reagan).
BUT WE HAVE BEEN WARNED
What comes to mind just now is the now-oft repeated battle cry of the radicals to conquer “top down, bottom up, and inside out” (Van Jones, former Green Jobs Advisor, Obama White House). For an excellent summary and overview of the foundations of this ideology, here is just one recommendation of many sources available online, in print, and in video presentations: “The Plan To Change Everything” by MIchael O’Fallon.
And one more particularly salient warning comes from the world of dealing with abusive others, whether the “others” are people, institutions, or political machines: “When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time” (author Maya Angelou).
A HEALTHY CYNICISM
The liberty-minded, whether emergent or long term, tend to have healthy cynicism-o-meters, yet tend to avoid jumping to immediate conclusions.
They tend to wait until conspiracy theories become conspiracy facts.
Thus, they remain under the radar of attention while the destructocrats turn up the heat on (fallacious) strawman arguments to further divide (and hopefully conquer) the masses, as in, “you’re either with us (tyrants and wannabe’s) or you’re one of the”unsophisticated,” “deplorable,” “cult followers,” or whatever other disparaging names are applied for maximum, divisive effect.
Because, well, NOBODY wants to be “one of those unsophisticated bad people,” right?!
So name calling is generally a pretty potent bullying strategy.
(Tip for tyrants: most liberty-minded people don’t usually care about being called names, though. They loathe lies, however. Oh. And they are also usually the first to know when to “call B.S.,” as the expression goes.)
Yet, as they plow fields, practice medicine, repair machines, program computer equipment, drive trucks, teach, preach, parent their children, and tend faithfully to myriad other “regular people jobs”–while refusing to give energy to bullies and their lies–they “know in their knower” something of much greater import than playground bullies is in play.
As they observe headlines, listen to fallacious arguments, and respond with shock and awe at what’s happening both down- and up-town, the curious are fast becoming the furious.
And they are coming forth to hold forth to make their views known in every way available to do so.
I would also say that judging by the burgeoning push-back to the “up…down…inside out” ideologues, the emergent liberty people are just now, very noticeably, beginning to comprehend who they really are in the minds (and amid the fears) of the real (American) outliers such as the neo-socialists (aka Democrat Socialists of America) crowd and their affiliates, to whit:
- The emergent liberty-minded people are coming to realize that they are a LOT more powerful than they think, even if the power is small, local, and wielded only in the home, at work, in classrooms, computer labs, at school board meetings, and/or in prayer closets.
- They are coming to realize they are a lot more influential as well, if just by sheer number of participants armed with hardcore work ethics, intelligence, committment to freedom and justice for all, a true voting record, serious faith, truth, and whatever other legal rights and ordnance America is continuously working toward that mirrors our God-given freedoms. Something Americans used to call “grit”.
In short, “liberty people,” and who, I would add, might also be known as the “awakened majority” (versus the “woke crowd”), are more than well prepared in spirit, mind, and character to do what has to be done and THIS IS WHAT THE TYRANTS AND THEIR MINIONS REALLY FEAR.
A CALL TO ACTION
(with a few suggestions if you are just emerging)
Thus, my post today is really both a shout-out to like-minded, liberty-minded people, whether already long into the fray or newly awakened, and a call to action to same–the millions and millions of Americans who, because evil is always eventually outed, are realizing every day this is perhaps the most significant time of “revelation” since the Revolution, thus it is, as before, another time we may need to sacrifice some time, effort, financial support, and “normalcy” so that ALL of us can continue to live in the freedom God has bestowed on us (see Declaration of Independence, paragraph 1)…
…keeping in mind that who tyrants and their minions sneer at today as merely ingredients for their addled ambitions will one day be hailed as heroes in the chronicles of freedom fighters everywhere.
Contact your local political party affiliates (and not only Republicans, Independents, and Libertarians, but also many Democrats who are understanding the need to seriously review what the hardcore left in their party have been up to and plan to continue. For it’s “not your parents’–or mine–Democrat party anymore! See what legal efforts they have in progress already to right the ship of State.
- Although there are myriad websites, cable channels, blogs, social media platforms and a plethora of other communication venues that have been getting the word out and organizing successful pushbacks, finding the NUMBER of them available to you might seem intimidating at first. Thus, you may wish to start by spending perhaps only a half hour per day reading and researching on your topic of interest, allowing your mind to review and consider alternate points of view on any topic (also still a God-given right), whether you are waking up to election integrity, real science regarding experimental medical products, the philosophy and realities of Critical Race Theory, or whatever interests you. But remember: some of them have been censored and disappeared by an arguably biased big tech (and there’s yet another topic), so you may need to persevere. Then follow the links from there.
- QUESTION at all times, however, why so much research is daily censored and scrubbed from and by big tech.
- Get together with people YOU TRUST of like mind, heart, and spirit.
- You’ll soon figure out what you can do, whether big or small efforts, public or private actions, what skill sets you already possess to get it done, and with the “wisdom of many counselors,” and our Constitution still intact (but also in peril) how to get going.
Because when it comes down to where the rubber meets the road: WE THE PEOPLE are still in control of the United States of America.
And as I’ve been told many times, whether by Citizenship or international students in my classes, by post readers from other countries, or in materials I’ve reviewed and many times featured on this blog: the United States of America is still the country with the most freedoms, we still shine as a beacon of safety and opportunity despite our flaws, and what happens here inspires (or warns, these days) liberty-minded people all over the world.
(Smith’s topic of interest: pandemic lockdowns and forced vaccinations.)
The bottom line is this: Tyrannical systems are planned by elitists groups and governments and it is they that benefit most from the destruction of public freedoms. It is indeed a conspiracy, and the pandemic lockdowns and forced vaccine response are no exception. However, tyrannical systems could not be executed without the help of a larger psychopathic contingent of the population, and these people congregate together to make terrible things happen. It’s as if they hear a silent dog whistle as totalitarianism rises, or they smell the blood of innocent victims in the air.
Call them leftists, call them communists, call them collectivists, call them whatever you want; but know that the globalists are not our only concern. There is a wall of self absorbed and power hungry peons in the way, and they want whatever scraps they can get from the big boy’s table. They are not oblivious; they have not been tricked into doing the things they do. They are a sad and pathetic bunch but they are still dangerous in their ambitions, and they will continue to slither out of the woodwork as the covid agenda progresses.
On those who resist tyrants et al, Smith writes:
Liberty people are individualists by nature, but we also care about the freedoms of others. There is a common propaganda narrative that claims that individualists are “selfish”, but this is not the case at all. It is not enough for us alone to escape slavery, we will not stand by and watch others be forced into bondage either. We are willing to risk our lives not just to save ourselves but to save future generations from autocracy. read entire feature here…
For if this generation doesn’t, it’s gone.