Just think of how much further along we are toward cultural and political “transformation” according to the radical left’s “playbook” than we were even just last year, when the post below first appeared…
As every wise strategist knows whether in a military, cultural, relational, and/or spiritual battle, discerning who the destroyers are, individually and/or collectively, helps not only with insight as to how to deal with them (choosing our battles judiciously) but also how to quickly overcome the frustration when the “enemy’s” ideology hits the fan on the ground, so to speak, so one can quickly and most effectively counter the destruction.
Of course, prophetically speaking, there will be a period of time when our real enemy, the devil of a thousand iterations, will be allowed, for a short season, to “overcome the saints,” i.e., the essential restraining force, but in the meantime, there is more to be done, more people to come to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ, and at least a little more time. What follows includes some practical suggestions for boosting mental, emotional, and spiritual immunities.
Truth Will Out
If there is a saying that seems particularly apropos when it comes to the state of politics in the United States these days, it is this: the truth will eventually come out.
It might take some time, however.
But even in the meantime, before we have the luxury of knowing everything we wish we knew “back then” when we really needed it, there are certain truths that can be discerned, and the discerning share them. It is up to the rest of us to respond accordingly–while we still can.
In the religious world, the information-sharers are called prophets. In the rest of the world, they are called truth-seekers, experts, professionally-trained journalists, and anybody who gets a “red flag” about the behavior of some people for whatever reason and follows it up with investigation.
Of course, once the truth is out there, people need be open to it and willing to do their own research and thinking.
This is difficult, however, just now.
Increasingly, it seems that emotion, anger in particular, rules the intellect and fear goads the unaware in the degraded state of what can hardly be called “discourse” anymore.
This is often seen in colleges and universities, for example, that subscribe to the radical-left hive mind, and people with an opposing viewpoint are often banned, bullied, or banished. Antifa types may also run in during peaceful demonstrations, clad in hoods and masks, to participate in the bullying by throwing bottles of urine and sacks of feces, torching cars and buildings, and/or physically assaulting, in some cases, those with whom they disagree.
But of particular concern to many is that, with attention spans often managed down to a few seconds’ worth of a sound byte, meme, or Twitter comment, less and less time is spent on careful thought about the messages let alone investigating them for facts and feasibility. This is largely due to the addictive nature of electronic media by which many people now get most, if not all, of their news–real, fake, and/or propagandized.
But, in due time and in THIS time, what’s been tearing at our nation’s fabric, of late, has left enough gaps to see the writing–and wrecking ball–underneath.
Rules for (Community Organizing) Radicals
Put another way, the goings-on of certain behind-the-scenes (aka “Shadow Government,” or “Deep State”) machinations are being exposed more and more and a lot of what is being discovered has been very damaging to our nation.
As I observe the anger and resistance to reason, I am often reminded of the “truth” of revolutionary and community organizer Saul Alinsky as detailed in his book Rules for Radicals (available here online as an open source manuscript) and how many of his instructions uncannily resemble so much of what is happening that arguably undermine the sense of fair play Americans are traditionally known to advocate for. One can also argue the “fundamental transformation” Alinsky speaks of is not a pro-American transformation.
I believe Alinsky’s ideology and community organizing “advice,” now much more available to read as well as being more obvious to see in practice, is part of why quite a few on the radical left at the helm of the current political mayhem–and malfeasance–are being exposed for who they really are.
See what you think.
Eight of Alinsky’s Greatest Hits Now Playing–and One to Watch Out For (?)
I have bolded the more obvious strategies that seem to have been–and continue to be–employed to fundamentally transform the U.S., and I’ve added only a brief comment or link here and there.
- Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it. Cut off the support network and isolate the target from sympathy. Go after people and not institutions; people hurt faster than institutions. (This is cruel, but very effective. Direct, personalized criticism and ridicule works.)
- Control healthcare and you control the people.
- True revolutionaries do not flaunt their radicalism. They cut their hair, put on suits and infiltrate the system from within. [Hillary Clinton, a student and devotee of Alinsky, favors this approach in particular, as noted in her college thesis, linked a few words ago.]
- A Marxist begins with his prime truth that all evils are caused by the exploitation of the proletariat by the capitalists. From this he logically proceeds to the revolution to end capitalism, then into the third stage of reorganization into a new social order of the dictatorship of the proletariat, and finally the last stage — the political paradise of communism. [As those who have lived under the failed and failing communist nations will tell anyone in the United States who will listen today, that particular brand of totalitarianism (that usually begins with “softer” socialism) yields no “paradise.” Quite the opposite, in fact, as refugees from communist countries will tell you. I am reminded here of some of my former Citizenship students who did whatever they had to including fleeing at night to escape their failing communist countries. And as the tens of millions murdered under such regimes in the last century would also tell you. If they could.]
- Never let a crisis go to waste. [As Rahm Emanuel famously quoted].
- The organizers first job is to create the issues or problems, and organizations must be based on many issues. The organizer must first rub raw the resentments of the people of the community; fan the latent hostilities of many of the people to the point of overt expression. He must search out controversy and issues, rather than avoid them, for unless there is controversy people are not concerned enough to act. . . . An organizer must stir up dissatisfaction and discontent.
- Organization for action will now and in the decade ahead center upon America’s white middle class. That is where the power is. … Our rebels have contemptuously rejected the values and the way of life of the middle class. They have stigmatized it as materialistic, decadent, bourgeois, degenerate, imperialistic, war-mongering, brutalized and corrupt. They are right; but we must begin from where we are if we are to build power for change, and the power and the people are in the middle class majority*.
- There’s another reason for working inside the system. Dostoevsky said that taking a new step is what people fear most. Any revolutionary change must be preceded by a passive, affirmative, non-challenging attitude toward change among the mass of our people. They must feel so frustrated, so defeated, so lost, so futureless in the prevailing system that they are willing to let go of the past and change the future. This acceptance is the reformation essential to any revolution. [As someone once said, we’re not hungry enough in the U.S. yet for such a pervasive and lethal frustration. It would take the resumption of an ongoing economic downturn to reinstate the sense of economic peril ginned up in the last administration that, as former president Obama implied, not even a “magic wand” could rectify or reverse.]
- [IS #9 A HEADS-UP?] They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet. [It has been argued by many that as long as our Second Amendment right to “bear arms” still exists, it will be very difficult to take away any of our other rights.]
But What Can A Person Do?
However, even as it becomes easier and easier to identify a/the playbook of the radical left it becomes harder and harder to deal with it.
For one thing, the degraded state of discourse, noted above, makes it very difficult to have rational discussions let alone real debates.
For another, there is the growing sense that what with the polarizing effects of easily-exploited identity politics and the easily-triggered and enraged members of the so-called “snowflake” youth, and so on, some kind of line between civilization and anarchy has already been crossed.
One might say, to use another apt metaphor, we are at the tipping point of tyranny with only a few minutes or perhaps false flag events remaining before the fall.
And, lastly, due to all the natural–and engineered–fear and intimidation such Alinsky-esque tactics cause, more and more people draw back, cease confrontation. Hide. Making most of the population easy pickins’ for the radicals. Particularly if our First and Second Amendment rights will eventually become sufficiently modified (read: limited) or nullified altogether.
Seems hopeless sometimes.
But it’s not.
Even Alinsky offers an encouraging perspective on this matter: If people don’t think they have the power to solve their problems, they won’t even think about how to solve them. Only Alinsky was referencing the radical-left group of people. But it applies to all groups, even to the banned, bullied, and banished.
May I offer, here, then, a few suggestions and some encouragement:
- Engage in “real life” activities: family events, hobbies, recreation, etc. This not only gets the body out of the “fight, flee, or freeze” mode of survival which, if maintained, is stressful and limits higher level thinking required to comprehend and employ long term solutions, it also benefits the immune system and stamina. Additionally, it also effects others in one’s family, work, or social setting in equally positive, healthy ways.
- However, keep in mind that there are people who will not or can not be influenced by anything other than, say, prayer from afar, if one is a pray-er. They are firmly affixed to their belief system and/or emotional state. It’s hard, but it might be time to back off to minimize your own frustration. Some might find this difficult to accept in a time of political and social crisis, as this seems to be, but as the saying goes, “they also serve who wait”. I would add, who pray, remain healthy, and perhaps become politically involved in other ways such as making campaign contributions, voting, joining groups working for positive solutions, and speaking with those who are open to other viewpoints.
- Study the real history (for example, the real history of socialism and communism and related “isms” which a number of the radical left in Congress are now pushing).
- Read the full context of politicized “news reports”.
- Listen to the experts on matters often spun for political purposes.
- Do the math (for example, double-check the “economic theories” of someone with no real world experience and little, if any, knowledge of economics), and so on.
- Wash, rinse, repeat.
- Take heart, for you have more power than you think you do. Even Alinsky knows that, and, I would suggest, on some level fears it, as do his devotees.
- And from that ancient and abiding source of wisdom, here are some additional perspectives to keep you going and keep you strong:
- Nothing lasts forever; there is a season for all activity (Ecclesiastes 3). Evil comes to its end, too.
- What Satan (and those who promote evil on earth) has meant for harm, God can use for good (Genesis 50:20).
- Greater is He in us than he who is in the world (1 John 4:4), thus, when we turn to God for guidance, comfort, and wisdom, He will help.
As to even more practical measures (that align with spiritual “warfare” and “resistance”) I also have information from previous posts for encouragement and edification. What follows are a few of these posts while the entire selection can be found on this page: https://pnissila.blog/category/survival-tools/
And, again, breathe…