Many people, not only Christians, are turning their thoughts toward Biblical prophecy these days of the unprecedented COVID-19 pandemic, the massive locust swarms that began in the Horn of Africa and that are destroying farms and fields in other nations as they spread out, the “quantum tattoo” that some think might be a precursor to the so-called “mark of the beast” detailed in the book of Revelation, and other prophetic markers from the ancient text.
My thoughts have been turning back to a previous post, a prophecy chart developed by Claire Gumbs (published here several months ago) that emphasizes not only the importance of signs in prophecy but also time. I offer it again today, for interested readers. It is a good, succinct graphic of the information.
In light of future prophetic events–that are perhaps closer than we think–I also offer yesterday’s (March 29, 2020) “prophecy update” by Pastor J.D, Farag of Calvary Chapel Kaneohe, HI. He highlights some of the above, and more, in today’s headlines.
Prophecy Chart on the Importance of Not Only the Signs, but Also the Times (first published October, 2019)
This NEW chart (developed by Claire Gumbs) covers the element of time (the “when”) of prophecy and it is a continuation of the series, “On Time, History, and Messiah the Prince.” (View the entire, free, downloadable series here.) Highlights include:
Where the time element is discussed in Scripture, including Genesis, Leviticus, Daniel, Isaiah, and Matthew;
- The beginning of time, the split of time and a significant convergence of time;
- The importance of the number 19, especially in this year of 2019 (and several more instances of 19 in relation to time and prophecy);
- The special significance of October, 2019, on both the Jewish (lunar/solar) calendar and a rare synchronicity with the Gentile (solar), “Julian/Gregorian” calendar;
- An enhanced time chart including nuances of the Hebrew words for “time” specifically chosen by the Prophet Daniel as inspired by God to describe the prophetic timeline; and
- This chart also references the ancient cypher machine called the Antikythera Mechanism, a technological artifact that, among many uses, is another witness of the biblical mainstream of time. Gumbs details this more in chart #5, “Model of Three then Four” and chart #8, “67-June-7-1967“
Chart 9: Dividing Time
PROPHECY UPDATE MARCH 29, 2020, Pastor J.D. Farag
Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts… (Hebrews 3:15)
Outstanding intro! Your introduction is both informative and intriguing! Made me want to watch JD again. And on chart #9, this in particular really “nailed it”: “An enhanced time chart including nuances of the Hebrew words for “time” specifically chosen by the Prophet Daniel as inspired by God to describe the prophetic timeline;” Thank you! Wow!
You’re welcome–and thanks for the chart! And thanks to several people who have downloaded it lately.
We do indeed live in interesting times.